Starting a movement habit and going to the gym can be intimidating if you’re a beginner. That’s why Annie and Balance365 Coach Coordinator Meg Ramos got together to answer common questions actual Balance365 members have asked to help make the gym feel a bit more comfortable.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What is the protocol for wiping down equipment?
- What do you use a Smith machine for?
- How do you know you’re doing an exercise correctly?
- How do you get the most bang for your buck if you’re short on time at the gym?
- Is there really a bonus to rotating workouts like leg day arm day?
- Lingo and gym etiquette
- How to avoid unwanted conversation at the gym
- Best strategies for getting ready for work – post-workout logistics
- What to do with your hair after a workout
- Hygiene tips and tricks
- Making the most of your lunch hour workout
- Weight training belts – are they really necessary?
- When the machines don’t fit your body will free weights and barbells work the same?
- The answer to “I don’t sweat as much during weights versus cardio. Is that okay?”
- How to choose weights, sets, and reps
- What to do if you pick weights that are too heavy or too light
- How to tell if you need a spotter
- Is doing the same workout every time bad?
- The SAID principle, what it is and what it means
- Every Day Strong Workouts
- Balance365 Life Youtube Channel
- Workout Wednesday on Balance365’s Instagram
- Episode 31: How To Fall In Love With Exercise, Even If You Hate It
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.