There is so much folk wisdom around food and nutrition that often turns out to be lacking in scientific and factual foundation. Jen, Annie, and Lauren band together to dissect the myths and legends of nutrition and how you can make what works for you work even better (and what you might want to change – if you want to.) Get ready to bust some myths and question everything you thought you knew about nutrition.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why small, frequent meals aren’t helping your fat loss
- How 3-4 meals a day can help you with hunger and satiety
- Is breakfast really necessary?
- Who shouldn’t skip breakfast?
- How to troubleshoot a lack of morning hunger
- How to work around your morning schedule and your hunger
- Hunger and Satiety signals: how ignoring them can lead to overeating
- Fear of hunger and overeating
- A diet-y background and its impact on your relationship with hunger
- Reverse engineering your meal schedule
- Eating after 7 pm, is it really that bad?
- Why eating after dinner might be a problem for some people
- Alternatives to nighttime snacking
- White knuckling cravings: why you don’t want to do it
- Creating awareness around nighttime snacking and emotional eating
- Breaking nighttime snack habits that are unwanted
- Options to unwind that don’t involve food
- Power Bowl Challenge
- Jen’s Facebook live video about meal sizes
- Episode 22: The Oreo Cookie Approach To Breaking a Bad Habit
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.