This week, it’s all about calming our minds. Annie’s friend Kelli Weber, a yoga and meditation teacher, joins us to show that meditation is not what you might think it is – in fact, it’s a practice that can be done almost anywhere for only a few minutes at a time and has countless benefits, including relaxation, mindfulness, and stress management. Plus, Kelli shows us how easy it can be in a 2 minute guided meditation that you can do along with us.
What You’ll Hear in this Episode
- Kelli’s experience living in a van with her family for 6 months
- That meditation is not what you might think it is
- The benefits of meditation and the science behind it
- How meditation can help with issues like mindless overeating
- How meditation can help you experience relaxation on a more regular basis
- Kelli’s project Soul Smile Girls for girls ages 11-14
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.