Jen and Annie are joined by Michelle Phillips, aka Coach Sparkles, to discuss body positivity and weight loss and if the two concepts can co-exist. This is a hot topic of discussion and the decision to pursue fat loss goals is so personal. Find out what the Balance365 team has to say.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Body positivity defined
- Should weight loss conversations be part of body-positive spaces?
- Appropriate hashtag usage
- Weight loss and quality of life
- Being mindful of where anti-weight loss messages are coming from
- Good for her not for me – stepping back from judgment
- Can weight loss be body positive
- Quitting diets and “one last time”
- The value of therapy and doing the inner work
- External pressures on self-care decisions and weight loss related decisions
- The fear of losing community when making changes
- Episode 62: How To Handle Emotional Eating – With Josh Hillis
- Episode 70: How To Ask For What You Need Without Apology
- Sarah Sapora
- Coach Sparkles Instagram
- Coach Sparkles Facebook
- Balance365 Workshop
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.