Mealtime can feel like a battleground when your kids are picky eaters. Registered Dietitian and founder of Tiny Bites Nutrition Terri Ney joins Annie for a conversation about how to deal with kids who are picky and how to help them cultivate a healthy relationship with food. Feeding advice is served!
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Division of responsibilities for feeding kids and how it relates to picky eating
- Grazing and how it affects mealtimes
- How pressure affects children’s appetites
- Cultivating healthy food relationships
- The value of removing morality from food
- Using exposure to get through picky eating
- How many times a child should be offered food
- How to expose kids to food outside of mealtimes
- Using taste to encourage kids to try new foods
- Getting kids involved with food
- Making food fun for picky eaters
- Balancing accepted foods and new foods without catering to picky eaters
- Should you ever sneak in foods to your kid’s diet?
- How should you handle “treats”?
- Episode 16: Feeding Our Families – Growing Healthy Relationships With Food
- Episode 20: Learning About Food At School – A Dietitian’s Perspective
- Veggies with Wedgies
- Ellyn Satter Institute
- Where Does Broccoli Come From?
- Adventures in Veggie Land
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.