Fat shaming and poor body image can become a cycle within families, but Suzie decided she wanted something different. In this member spotlight, a Balance365 member shares her secrets to success in the program, how her life changed and why she never wants to go back to diet culture.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The diet, praise, weight regain cycle
- A difficult diagnosis and coping with food
- Yo-yo dieting, Weight Watchers, Body For Life, MyFitnessPal
- Stopping the cycle of fat-shaming
- Finding self-love and self-worth
- Moving past shame and media messaging
- Bad habits, positive rewards, and the despised self
- Mantras that support balance
- Mindset shifts to reverse all or nothing thinking
- Short term tracking to gather data and learn
- How habits get you through tough days
- Making the most out of group coaching
- Choosing to use something as a tool or a weapon
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.