Ever notice you weigh more on Monday morning? Lauren and Annie discuss common explanations for those annoying and sometimes anxiety-inducing weight fluctuations and what you can do about them – and why you may not even need to do anything.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Weekend diet “breaks” and how they can impact your progress
- Evaluating your diet if you even need a diet “break”
- Carbs and water retention and what that means on the scale
- Why white-knuckling cravings through the week might be sabotaging your plan
- Menstrual cycles and weight gain
- Hydration, dehydration, and water weight
- Strength training and why weight gain might not be muscle gain
- Zooming out as a strategy for not freaking out
- What progress really looks like (hint: it’s not a straight line!)
- Shift happens – how much your body weight can fluctuate and why it’s totally normal
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.