Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android
In this solo episode, Balance365 Life co-founder Lauren Koski gives a comprehensive overview of binge eating from a psychological and physiological perspective. Tune in for practical tips and a no-guilt look at one of the most challenging habits to break!
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Lauren’s experience with binge eating
- Reasons people binge
- What is reactive bingeing?
- The cycle of restriction induced bingeing
- How not to deal with bingeing
- All or nothing thinking and bingeing
- Scarcity mindset and binge eating
- The role of forgiveness, shame and guilt in binge eating
- How under eating can lead to a binge
- Troubleshooting your food intake to reduce the risk of a binge
- Sleep and binge eating
- Zooming out and how it helps reduce binges
- Self-compassion and seasons of life that naturally involve less sleep
- Physiological and psychological reasons people binge
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.