Do you ever feel like you would be more successful in your journey to better health if you had more willpower and motivation? Does it feel like everyone else has more willpower and motivation than you? Does it seem like all these changes are more difficult for you than other people? You’re going to want to tune in for this conversation with Annie and Jen for the truth about willpower, motivation and what action you can take to feel more successful.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The definition of willpower
- How decision fatigue impacts the quality of choices we make
- What’s the difference between motivation and willpower?
- How preparation sets you up for success
- Meal planning – why it can be helpful
- What to do when you can’t rely on motivation and willpower
- How waiting for motivation gets in the way of change that matters to us
- The magic in boredom
- The Habit Hangover – what is it?
- What keeps successful people going
- What a study of soda and water in a hospital teaches us about habits
- How to curate your environment for success
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Episode 53: Secrets From The Eating Lab: Dr. Traci Mann
- Secrets From The Eating Lab
- Arms Like Annie
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.