In today’s episode, Annie and Lauren guide us through five easy ways to simplify a fitness routine. So often we overcomplicate things and that leads to no workouts at all. It doesn’t have to be that way! With these practical tips you can make working out a lot easier and a lot more enjoyable.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How we overthink food and exercise
- Does a workout need to be sweaty and exhausting to be effective?
- How to get started if you aren’t moving at all
- NEAT – what is it and why does it matter?
- Muscle confusion – is it real?
- The value of doing the same workouts repeatedly
- Finding the sweet spot between consistency and boredom
- Why you should focus on large muscle groups
- Do you really need equipment?
- Why bodyweight workouts are great
- “What do I wear?” and other barriers that are easier to overcome than you think
- Overcoming perfectionism and managing our own expectations
- How to build a backup plan
- The value of small, sustainable consistency over the long term
- Balance365Life on Instagram
- Cosmic Kids Yoga
- Workout Wednesday where you don’t have to get off the floor
- NEAT Infographic
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.