Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android
Cheat meals have been a part of popular diet culture for a long time and there are even experts who promote them as being healthy. But what is the truth? Join us as Annie and Lauren unpack the assumptions that are made about cheat meals and explore what balance and moderation mean in the context of healthy, happy living.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Do cheat meals boost your metabolism?
- Could cheat meals be negating your progress?
- What the experts say about cheat meals
- Do cheat meals provide a psychological break
- The Pink Polar Bear effect and cheat meals
- What “sugar addicted rats” really tell us about restriction
- Do cheat meals help you stay on track?
- Cycles of binge restrict – seasonal, time of day, days of the weak
- How to enjoy treats without cheat days
- The Goldilocks approach to balance
- What to do when your pendulum swings back
- How to find balance in the middle
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.