Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android
In this episode, Jen, Annie and Lauren are joined by James Fell, the author of The Holy Shit Moment, a book that explores epiphanies and how behavior can change overnight. James shares his insights from his own radical behavior change grounded in a lightning bolt moment of permanent change, and talks about the science and stories behind these important moments. Tune in and learn how you can find your own shift, what drives lasting change and how everything can come together in an instant.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What James Fell’s epiphany was and how that changed his life
- How personal responsibility can be empowering
- Global versus focal change – what’s the difference
- Identity shifts and their impacts on relationships
- The model of personality and how it relates to change
- Vanity goals: do they work?
- Are holy S. moments always bad?
- Gradual vs. Immediate change
- What supports immediate change?
- How does gradual change work?
- Crystallisation of discontent defined
- The breaking point and change
- The quest for greatness as an impetus for change
- Does sucking it up every work?
- Building habits and enjoyment over time
- Weighing the pros and cons of action and committing even when it’s unpleasant
- Acting like a tortoise but thinking like a hare – what does that look like?
- Post diet rebound, pendulum swings and coming back to centre
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.