Can you love your body and still want to change it? The answer to this question depends greatly on who you ask. Some people in the body-positive camp think that weight loss and self-love can’t co-exist, while the diet and fitness industry encourages self-hatred. Does the truth lie somewhere in the messy middle? Tune in for Jen, Annie and Lauren’s discussion on the topic.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Has the body positivity pendulum swung too far?
- Change as a natural consequence of habits and behaviors
- Mindset blocks and change
- What research says about how much control you have over your body
- Altering appearance for self-expression
- Examining motivations for changes
- Being realistic about timing of changes
- Is there way too much overthinking going on?
- Mothering yourself
- Identifying when you need self-compassion and when you need tough love
- The answer to the question of the day!
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.