Annie and Lauren interview Registered Dietitian Marci Evans to answer the question once and for all “Is sugar addiction real?” Marci delves into the science, the psychology and the keys to feeling less out of control about sugar and more in control of your life. Strap in for the latest and greatest in peer-reviewed research and what it all really means.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Clickbait headlines and sugar research
- Is sugar addicting?
- Sugar and Cocaine: How alike are they?
- Abstinence from sugar and its impact on cravings
- What rodents taught us about sugar
- Finding food peace in the messy middle
- Black and white thinking and sugar
- The difference between diet rules and noticing what feels good for your body
- Stopping the cycle of all or nothing with sugar
- Self-inventory for vulnerability factors
- Exploring “problematic” foods again
- Building on quick wins
- How restriction impacts the brain’s response to sugar
- The importance of learning to be self-aware with the kindness
- Your inner dialogue and its impact on your success in reaching your goals
- The biggest lie of diet culture
- The truth about your body’s natural tendencies
- Building self-trust
- Repeat customers and the diet industry
- Being responsible consumers of nutrition information
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.