Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android
Long-time thrifter Sarah Ruthven shares how she overcame her reluctance to spend money on herself and made the investment in herself that ultimately paid out in dividends with her family relationships. Sarah has been a member of Balance365 and No-Fuss Fat Loss and while she had a specific goal in mind, she was surprised by just how many facets of her life were affected. Tune in and here what Sarah’s experience was like and why she thinks other women should give it a try for themselves.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How Sarah’s Balance365 journey got started
- The experience of losing yourself in motherhood
- The importance of sleep
- Self care as more than pedicures
- What happened when Sarah went jean shopping
- Trial and data – learning as you go
- Balancing your plate – taking a long view over time
- Intuitive eating as a practice
- Practicing habits until they become automatic
- Sarah’s Vacation Without Shame
- How our judgments of ourselves affect how we see other people
- Keeping our eyes on our own plate
- How Balance365 can impact interactions with our families
- Role modeling habits for our kids
- What Sarah has to say to people on the fence about joining Balance365
- Episode 34: Small, Sustainable Changes: A Balance365 Journey With Danica
- Episode 40: You Overate, Now What?
- Episode 38: 3-Step Process For Teaching Children Moderation At Halloween
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.