Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android
On today’s show, Jen, Annie, and Lauren discuss overeating, whether accidental or intentional and particularly around the holidays. The way you react to overeating can make a difference and It’s natural to have certain impulses after you’ve overeaten. Join us as we explore what those impulses are and how to handle them so you can enjoy the holiday season and your favorite foods without falling back into the diet cycle again.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Responding versus reacting
- Winning or learning
- Letting your body self-correct intuitively
- Reflecting on reasons for overeating
- Exercising self-compassion when you overeat
- Should you skip your next meal?
- How to approach your next meal after overeating
- Common impulses after overeating
- How to approach exercise after you overeat
- The impact on our relationship with movement when we use exercise to negate our food intake
- Separating exercise and food conceptually to support consistent, healthy habits
- Why you should consider skipping stepping on the scale after you overeat
- How water retention and meal composition can impact your scale weight
- Taking the scarcity out of holiday food
- Handling holiday food the Balance365 way
- Zooming out to gain perspective on the impact of eating too much at one meal, on one day, or even over one week
- When the diet industry targets customers and what that says about holiday eating patterns
- Changing your mindset around holiday food, overeating, and the impulses you feel when you eat too much
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.