Halloween can be a scary holiday when you think about how much candy your kids might eat. It doesn’t have to be that way! Join Annie and Jen as they discuss how to approach Halloween candy with your kids to take the headache out of candy holidays. Take note of their three tips to promote moderation and how to make your Halloween as enjoyable as possible – and a great learning experience.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why you shouldn’t skip dinner before trick or treating
- Jen’s family tradition for handling candy
- Ellyn Satter’s advice for managing Halloween candy
- How to remove the stress from candy holidays
- Letting our kids learn from their mistakes
- The binge-restrict pendulum
- Role modeling moderation for our kids
- Episode 16: Feeding Our Families – Growing Healthy Relationships With Food
- The Ellyn Satter Institute website
- Jen’s Facebook Live on Feeding Our Families
- Episode 37: Five Tips For Enjoying Halloween Candy In Moderation
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.