Halloween is fast approaching and that can be a nightmare for dieters who are trying to figure out how to approach candy with their wellness goals in mind. Annie and Lauren get together and bring five tips on how to manage candy around Halloween (or any time of year) – plus there’s an extra unscripted bonus tip from Lauren.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why those exercise charts to negate Halloween candy you’ve eaten are problematic
- What happens when you make candy off limits
- The Pink Polar Bear Effect and how it applies to Halloween candy
- Why you shouldn’t skip entire meals to eat Halloween candy
- Eating for the sake of eating vs eating something you enjoy – being mindful
- To eat the candy or not to eat the candy – there is another choice
- Zooming out – recognizing it’s just one day
- Curating your environment with Halloween candy – out of sight, out of mind
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.