Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android
Do you ever struggle to navigate your relationship with your mother? If so, you won’t want to miss this episode.
We’re back with another guest this week, therapist Maggie Nick. Maggie specializes in what she calls “the mother wound” which is an internalized set of core beliefs about who we are, our worth, and our value
Maggie calls herself a recovering people-pleasing “perfect child.” Her therapy practice focuses on healing low self-worth, shame resilience, and parenting and reparenting.
Join us as we discuss what the mother wound and how it can contribute to body shame and disordered eating. We also cover boundary setting and how we can start healing ourselves from the pain of navigating challenging relationships with our mothers.
We hope you love this conversation as much as we did. Enjoy!
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to transform your relationship with food and your body. Our life changing nutrition coaching program opens for enrollment next week. Add your name to the waitlist and you’ll have access to spots 24 hours before the general public. Click the link in our show notes or visit www.balance365.com/waitlist.
- Maggie’s backstory and current projects
- What is the mother wound and how does it relate to shame, disordered eating, and boundary-setting?
- How women carry the mother wound from childhood into adulthood/parenthood
- The steps we can take to heal, and how mothers can help heal the mother wound in their children.
- Episode 147: How To Set Boundaries With Problematic People You Love
- Episode 95: What To Do When Your Kid Gets Called “Fat”
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.