Does looking at photos of yourself trigger intense body shame? Over the last seven years, we’ve seen this time and again: an enjoyable event or experience is ruined as soon as a woman sees photos of herself. This can lead a person to delete precious moments, avoid pictures in the future, and even trigger a return to quick-fix, restrictive dieting.
But does that solve the deeper issues women are experiencing? We say no.
That’s why, in today’s episode, we share some real-life solutions to help you feel more comfortable with photos and a little more at peace with your body.
But before you click play, Balance365 Coaching is opening up again in September. If you’re ready to join us, this is your chance! Get on the waitlist here to get early access to spots.
- Reasons we may not like photos of ourselves
- The mirror-image effect and why full-body photos can feel jarring
- How to move past panic when you see a photo you don’t like
- Reactive responses and value-driven responses
- Episode 163: How Body Shame Can Lead To Future Weight Gain
- Episode 129: How To Reconnect With Your Body After Dieting
- Episode 203: The Difference Between Diets And Habits
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.