Women are often socialized to present as if they need nothing from the world. While the spirit of independence is inspiring, the reality is that as humans we do need things. It isn’t about weakness, it’s about humanity. Today, in a powerful reshared episode, Jen and Annie talk with clinical social worker Mel Bosna to explore human needs and why they matter.
We’d also like to announce that we are bringing back our incredibly popular workshop in May—Cut the Crap: Simplify Weight Loss and Get Out of Your Own Way. We’ll be going live with you all to deliver a little real talk, a little tough love, but best of all, help you clear out all the clutter you have about weight loss, nutrition, exercise… and SIMPLIFY the process.
Register here for free. We can’t WAIT to see you there!
- Societal messages around women’s needs
- How to identify your needs and how to advocate for them in a healthy way
- The importance of role modeling self-care and asking for what you need
- Episode 183: How to Create a Life You Want
- Episode 147: How To Set Boundaries With Problematic People You Love
- Episode 174: How Weight Loss Can Impact Marriage And Partnerships
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.