Today we are joined by our friend and former Balance365 Team Member, Alison Tedford. Alison is an author, marketer, mom, and a Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Consultant who has been working in the field for over a decade. She’s here with us today to discuss common ableist issues in the health and wellness industry as well as share what people in the health and wellness industry can do to better support the disabled community.
- What is ableism?
- Common ableist issues in the health and wellness industry
- What we can do about it
- Alison Tedford’s Website
- Alison’s Inclusion Checklist
- Alison’s Book
- Alison on Instagram
- World Health Organization: Social Determinants of Health
- Binge Eating: Why You Do It & How to Stop download
- Episode 155: The Power Of Lifting Women Up With Molly Galbraith
- Episode 132: Member Spotlight: Navigating Balance365, Fat Loss And A Diabetes Diagnosis
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.