Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android
Some of the greatest lessons about growth, change, and resilience can be found as we parent our kids, especially our resistant kids. In this episode, Balance365 co-founder Jennifer Campbell shares the realizations she made while trying to homeschool a resistant child during the COVID-19 pandemic. She applies what she learned to health, wellness, and weight loss goals. To the rebels in the audience, this episode is for you. Learn how you can use your resistance and desire for autonomy to your advantage when working towards your goals.
What You’ll Hear in this Episode
- How to create a structure that’s just right
- That you should always give yourself options
- How you can connect your actions to your future self
- How kids learning to think about their future relates to you thinking about your future
- That one day, one meal, one workout won’t make or break you, but the cumulative effects of making choices make a difference
- Health and wellness behaviors shouldn’t have to feel like hard work every day, but there is some discomfort that will lead to positive change
- How putting the uncomfortable work in now can make life more enjoyable later
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.