Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android
Are you a busy parent who’s finding it impossible to stick to your diet? Do you struggle with weight loss now more than any other time in your life? Do you feel frustrated your family won’t get on board with your changes? We hear you. Change can be hard to implement, and even harder when you have other people and schedules to work around. In this podcast, we discuss 3 reasons weight loss plans fail parents and offer some food for thought on what other opportunities exist for you to reach your health, wellness, and weight loss goals.
What You’ll Hear in this Episode
- You don’t need “weird” foods to be healthy
- Weight loss plans have too many rules and they are going to fail parents
- You can’t rely on the same strategies you used at 21 to lose weight as today if you’re a parent – and did those strategies even work at 21?
- How do your eating habits feel – not just physically, but mentally?
- Nutrition is only a small part of health
- How to recognize and differentiate between things that cause you pain and suffering and things that are simply uncomfortable
- How weight loss plans fail your whole family on an identity level
- Statistics of teenage girls vs. boys who are dieting or trying to control their weight
- That everyone deserves to be their natural body weight, which lies in a range
- That it’s never too late to start repairing your relationship with food, fitness and having sustainable balanced practices around both
- That the way you eat needs to be flexible
- Episode 66: Are You “Overweight?”
- Episode 13: How Your Body Image Impacts Your Children with Hillary McBride
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.