Balance365 co-founder Annie and coach Michelle are here to bust some myths about exercise and weight loss. Not only will you learn that exercise doesn’t necessarily have huge benefits solely for weight loss, but you’ll hear about all the other amazing benefits it has for your body and mind. Plus, you’ll learn how to easily incorporate exercise into your daily life or find movement you love, even if you’re not super stoked about hitting the gym.
What You’ll Hear in this Episode
- How you may not need to exercise to lose weight, but how exercise can be beneficial in other ways
- How much you need to exercise to burn off calories (spoiler alert: it’s a lot)
- The problems with “earn and burn” mentality
- How exercise can actually make you more hungry
- How you can create boundaries with gyms and fitness instructions that are too focused on weight loss
- “NEAT” or non exercise activity thermogenesis
- The “healthy halo effect”
- How your relationship with exercise and your relationship with food can peacefully coexist
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.