Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android
Consistency is a value that is discussed often in Balance365 because we strive for that over perfection. In this episode, Jen, Annie, and Lauren discuss 10 personality traits and the specific mindsets that can get in the way of consistency. They explore how to address them to improve your consistency with health and wellness goals. This episode is part 1 in a 2 part series that helps shed light on these common challenges.
What you’ll hear on this episode:
- How all or nothing thinking gets in the way of sustainable habit change
- Ways society reinforces all or nothing thinking
- Food, Exercise and Morality: how black and white thinking impacts perception of balance
- Perfectionism, stress and weight challenges
- How perfectionism can lead to overeating
- Self-compassion as an antidote to perfectionism
- What is a deficit mindset and how does it relate to balance?
- Maintaining perspective about consistency
- What to do when you’re doing everything you’re supposed to and nothing is changing
- Help-avoidance and what it means for habit consistency
- Reasons we avoid asking for help
- Moving beyond the oxygen mask as something to use to help others
- Finding balance in household responsibilities
- External motivation and how it relates to weight loss
- What is internal motivation and how do you get it?
- Why therapy can be helpful
- Helping Patients Outsmart Overeating
- Episode 4: What a 70-Year-Old Starvation Experiment Taught Us About Dieting
- The Clean Mama facebook
- Episode 6: Bringing Balance to Cleaning with the Clean Mama
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.