Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android
Balance365 is a habit-based behavior change program that’s made up of fifteen separate habits. Jen, Lauren, and Annie discuss which three habits in Balance365 were game-changers for them, why, and how they all work together. They share all of their juicy habit secrets and give advice on how you can learn to implement them for yourself and find your own game-changers.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The value of the Balance365 community and accountability in progressive habit change
- Hunger as a signal and how it compares to other signals our bodies give us
- Why you don’t need to count calories, points or macros to eat according to your goals
- Separating the feeling of actual hunger from feelings about hunger
- Sneaky! How your body gets around dieting efforts to ensure it’s fed
- How many meals per day? What science says (and what the caveats are.)
- Layering habits and how they all work together
- Rules vs. guidelines and moderation, a Balance365 perspective on nutrition
- What Goldilocks has to do with intuitive eating
- How a scarcity mindset about food impacts how much we eat
- Taking your eating off of autopilot: mindfulness as a tool for eating to satiety
- How you should feel leaving the table, according to Lauren
- The value of weight maintenance
- How do you know if you’re eating to your energy needs?
- Reasons we overeat and why that is common (and isn’t the end of the world sometimes!)
- Food as more than fuel
Download a copy of this episode’s transcript here.