Annie, Lauren, and Jen have worked with hundreds and hundreds of women, in particular, women who are looking to make changes to their nutrition and exercise habits and over the course of their work have noticed 4 common mistakes women make about nutrition.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How much protein should women have?
- What happens if you don’t get enough protein?
- How do you gradually increase protein?
- Visual guides or counting – keeping track without obsession
- Increasing protein without increasing the time you spend cooking
- Protein burnout – what it is
- The signs your meals are too small and why you might need to think bigger
- Transitioning to larger meals
- Getting past calorie “sticker shock”
- The Power Bowl Challenge and how it can be helpful (and delicious!)
- Why the first three bites of anything always taste the best
- How restriction leads to preoccupation and the “last meal” effect
- Why you don’t need to cut out whole food groups and foods you love to get results
- Identifying your non-negotiables
- Managing pressure to over or under eat
- The value of consistency and non-scale victories
- Assessing progress and learning to zoom out
- Focussing on the “big rocks” to maximize results
- Making the most of time that will pass anyway
- Episode 15: Habits 101 – Hack Your Habits, Change Your Life
- Episode 9: Two Sisters, Two Bodies: Growing up Together in a Body Obsessed Worl
- The Power Bowl Challenge